Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bully

Fear is not a game I play.
I could never understand the rules.
I'm just not that motivated to run
And I can't find the time to find a place to hide.
So I may as well face this thing that gives chase.
Look it in the eye and decide if  want to
Smack it in the face or not.

Fear thinks I'm a bully.
And it's probably right.
Because I push it down on the playground
And rub its face in the dirt.
I laugh when it's hurt.

Fear thinks I'm a jerk.
Because I take its lunch money
And push it around.
Fear won't play with me
Because I don't play fair.
And I can't find it in me to care.

I put fear under my boot soles
Because I remember when fear
Used to poke holes in my soul.
And I would cry on my own
Because fear wouldn't leave me alone.

But I got in one good punch
And that was enough
To keep me swinging
To keep me thinking
This isn't so hard!
You're not so tough!

I've had enough of running.
Let's face it
Fear had it coming!
Now when fear sees me
IT starts running!
Now fear fears ME!

3 comments:

Christina said...

love this!

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow I really liked this "fear fears me" yes.